Tulsa, Oklahoma

Appointment Only

REAL ID-compliant card

Do I have to get a REAL ID-compliant card to be able to notarize a document?

No. Oklahoma allows individuals to choose between a REAL ID driver’s license/ID card and a non-compliant driver’s license/ID card. If a person chooses to get a non-compliant license or card, they will need to present alternative forms of identification, such as a U.S. passport, accepted by the agency or facility in question. Some agencies or facilities may have additional requirements to accommodate individuals lacking the correct ID documents. It is a good idea to have two forms of identification when signing a loan. The Patriot Act requires two forms of ID.

Acceptable primary forms of identification are:

  • Valid Driver’s License
  • Valid State issued ID card (must include photo)
  • Military ID
  • Social Security Card
  • Passport

Acceptable secondary forms of identification are:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Medicare Card
  • Student ID
  • Voter Registration Card
  • Credit Card
  • Consular ID card

NOTE IF TRAVELLING: Non-compliant licenses/cards will NOT be accepted by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) when boarding a commercial aircraft, starting October 1, 2021.TSA currently accepts other forms of identity documents, such as passports or permanent residency cards, and will continue to do so. Click here for a current list of TSA-acceptable travel identification documents.

Comments are closed.